After the world war the scientific examination and assessment of them was in the first instance directed towards the practical features, which are significant for meaningful exhibition. From the 1960s onwards came the work of publication. In order to make a complete inventory of the museum's possessions, seven catalogues were published directly by the Handel House between 1961 and 1980, covering almost 90% of the House's stocks.
In 1955 the Georg-Friedrich-Händel-Gesellschaft (an international society, registered in
Germany) was founded. Its main purpose was (and is) the publication of a new edition of the
annotated complete works of Handel, which was than called "Hallische Händel-Ausgabe". At first the
board of the edition was serviced by the Halle University, then, in 1983, the City Council of Halle
instituted a new and enlarged board with three added scholars in the Handel House. Also today
the editorship works in rooms of the museum, however since 1992 financed by the Union of the German
Academies of Sciences and Humanities in the context of their editions of important composers. The
Halle Handel Edition (HHA) should be completed by 2023. 116 music volumes are planned complete with
critical accounts and facsimiles of libretti of operas and oratorios and approximately 10 volumes
The publications of the museum were supplemented in 1983 by a guidebook for the musical instrument collection and they were completed by brochures with a guide to the then new Handel exhibition and with a children's guidebook. A Handel bibliography, begun in 1963, was published by Deutscher Verlag für Musik in Leipzig.
In 1977 the new series of writings, known as the “Schriften des Händelhauses in Halle”, began to appear in which the proceedings of the most special conferences held in the Handel House have been published too.