On the occasion of the Handel Festival of 1952 an exhibition called “Handel and his Times” was organised in the Moritzburg State Gallery. It was arranged in accordance with the than latest scientific findings and on the most up-to-date methods. To a considerable degree it met the demands now being made of the Handel Museum. This prompted its transfer to the display rooms on the first floor to the Handel House now that structural alterations and repairs to the building had been made. This meant that there was now no space in which to display regional musical history. The number of musical instruments was drastically reduced in the interests of greater clarity and ease of viewing. The first attempts were made to bring Handel’s music to every visitor. A room (studio 1) was equipped with a tape-recorder, which played selections of Handel's works to visitors.