|1558||First recording of the house and its owner at that time.|
|1595||The lawyer Johann Neigenfindt, assessor on the jury, purchased the property for 1400 guilders.|
The ducal chamberlain Georg Bley was owner of the building "Zum gelben Hirsch" (The Yellow Stag) with the right to sell wine.
|1666||The ducal chamberlain and surgeon, Georg Handel, bought it for 1310 guilders.|
|1685||On 23 Februar Georg Friederich Händel was born in the House at the corner Große Nikolaistraße and Kleine Ulrichstraße "Am Schlamm" (big mud). He lived here until his departure for Hamburg in 1703.|
|1697||George Frideric Handel's father died and the property passed to his widow and children.|
The northern part of the property (later Kleine Ulrichstraße 37) was detached when Handel's Sister set up her own household there.
After the death of Handel's mother his niece, Johanna Frederike Michaelsen, is one of the heirs. She presumably lived in the house from 1755 with her husband Dr Johann Ernst Flörcke.
|Johanna Frederike died. Her second daughter, Dorothea Luise, married the Halle alderman Friedrich August Reichhelm, who renovated the house "in order to dedicate it as a permanent monument to a famous man ...he wanted to have in it a memorial in Handel's honour, had he not been carried off by a sudden death".|
|1783||The property had to be publicly auctioned off.|
|The building passed to the merchant Christian Friedrich Pohlmann.|
|1817||Friedrich Wilhelm Rüprecht took over the building.|
|1827||Rüprecht bought the neighbouring house, too, one of the reasons for later disputes over the question of the "real" Handel House.|
|1872||Rüprecht's son sold the house to the merchant Wilhelm Richard Fuß.|
|1896||The property passed to the banking house of H. F. Lehmann.|
|1922||The new owner of the Handel House is the merchant Heinrich Lifschütz.|
|1932||A certain Philipp managed a furniture shop in the building.|
|1937||The Handel House was taken over by the city of Halle. From then on musical instruments, pictures, scores, books and so on began to be collected for a future museum and a series "Schriftenreihe des Händelhauses" was edited.|
|1948||After restoration works a Handel memorial museum combined with a city music museum was opened.|
|1983||The Handel House came as a seperate section to the "Händel-Zentrum", founded in this year.|
|1984||In preparation of Handel's tercentenary in 1985 neighbouring buildings were incorporated into the museum.|
|1992||After the dissolution of the "Händel-Zentrum" the Händel-Haus has become the centre of the Handel renaissance in Halle again.|